Saccharomyces boulardii SB-801
Saccharomyces boulardii, or S. boulardii, is an important probiotic that can recolonize and sustain flora in the large and small intestine. Probiotics, as defined by the Food and Agricultural
Organization of the United Nations, are “live microorganisms which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host.
S. boulardii is classified as being non-systemic and non-pathogenic. It confines itself to the intestinal tract, instead of spreading throughout the body. It is popularly marketed in lyophilized (freeze-dried) form.
Benefits of Saccharomyces boulardii:
1. Controls Various Forms of Diarrhea
2. Decreases Incidence of Acute Diarrhea
3. Reduces Rate of Recurrence of Pseudomembranous Colitis.
4. Lessens Bowel Movement Frequency in Irritable Bowel Syndrome Patients
5. Reduces Likelihood of Contracting Travelers’ Diarrhea
6. Decreases Diarrhea as an Antibiotic Side Effect
7. Assists in Anti-Inflammatory Protection