Bacillus licheniformis BL-703
Bacillus licheniformis is a bacterium commonly found in the soil. It is found on bird feathers, especially chest and back plumage, and most often in ground-dwelling birds (like sparrows) and aquatic species (like ducks). It is a gram-positive, mesophilic bacterium. Its optimal growth temperature is around 30°C, though it can survive at much higher temperatures. The optimal temperature for enzyme secretion is 37°C. It can exist in spore form to resist harsh environments, or in a vegetative state when Conditions are good.
Benefits of Bacillus licheniformis:
1. Improves Feed Conversion Ratio (FCR)
2. Helps in proper digestion of the feed by producing helpful enzymes.
3. Dental applications against tooth decay
4. Used in the production of antibiotic Bacitracin
5. Helps prevent antibiotic-resistant pathogens in chickens